Holloman Underground
heart and soul of our community
Login - Create Account - Help
Clean out your garage on Holloman bookoo! Or find local garage sales on Yard Sale Search.com
PCSing? Win the lottery? Explore homes near Holloman AFB courtesy of Remilitary.com!

who's talking here?

Nikki 1
Amber 3
Jolene 2
daigege2 1

     » send to friend     » save in my favorites

Amber --- 9 years ago -

Hi, I need some help. I had no idea that i needed a license to sell my bread out of my home. I dont have a clue as to how to go about getting one or how to look that up online. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. People really like my breads, and I dont want to stop selling but if I get reported, I could be fined up to $500. Thanks everyone for looking at this.  

Jolene --- 9 years ago -

Hi Amber. The first thing you'll probably have to do is go down to city hall and apply for a license. There's a fee and they usually require an inspection of the kitchen and will want to make sure you're following the food safety regulations including a food handler licence(I think thats what its called). They have been really cracking down on people who are making baked goods for charities and fundraisers as well. Most bake sales now have to have their goods baked in an industrial kitchen that meets all safety requirement/inspections. But try looking into it at the city hall, they may even be able to tell you if there is some place on base that can help you with that if you live on the base. Hope this helps some and I hope you're able to continue baking! From one baker to another! 

Amber --- 9 years ago -

Thank you Jolene, for your advice. I really appreciate it. 

Nikki --- 9 years ago -

Hi Amber:} Sorry to hear about your situation, as I have heard great things about your bread/cupcakes. To add to Jolene's comments- I was reading some things and it seems that in the state of NM cooking out of your home can be very tricky and you may come across some BIG barriers. Good luck to you and others who make delicious items from your homes-or the people who offer beauty services from their homes too for great prices. Check out this link http://www.nmenv.state.nm.us/fod/Food_Program/applications.html I copied this portion from the Frequently asked questions page What kind of permit(s) do I need to sell burritos I make in my home kitchen? All food service establishments are required to have a food service permit. However, New Mexico requires complete separation between food service operations and domestic facilities. In other words, to have a food service establishment at home requires a separate kitchen. There may be local zoning issues to consider also. For further information see also: Food Regulations Good luck and I hope this extra info helps! 

Amber --- 9 years ago -

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. 

Jolene --- 9 years ago -

I've seen lots of other people advertising homemade foods on HYS, how come you're the only one who was reported? I'm sorry you were targeted. Hope that you can still make your friends bread. :) 

daigege2 --- 2 years ago -

This comment has been flagged as spam 

page 1
Login to add your comments!

see more discussions about...


Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Ice Box

Holloman Underground